LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic X-axis resolution in an intensity graph

I'm looking to create an intensity graph which has a varying resolution of data points along the X-axis.

For example, I currently have a graph which plots wavelength measured from a spectrometer along the Y-axis and the associated intensity of that wavelength on the Z-scale. This is repeated for many positions along a linear stage (X-axis). Historically, this has always been done in even steps (i.e. -10mm to +10mm with 0.1mm increments) and the Offset and Multiplier properties made setting up the X-axis easy. Now, I have modified the program such that the resolution can be dynamic (i.e. -10mm to +10mm with 0.1mm increments, but you can set a higher resolution in a particular area. For instance, if you need higher resolution between -2mm and +2mm, it can be set to 0.05mm increments between there only). Using the Offset and Multiplier properties yields a correct overall X-scale length, but the data points are even spaced over the X-scale even though they are not all evenly spaced in reality. This obviously gives a false indication of what the data actually is. Is there a way to programatically change the density of the data points along the X-axis within a certain range of the axis?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,624 Views)

I assume the Y axis is equally spaced. You can always create an equally spaced array of sufficient pixels and for each pixel get a correctly interpolated value from the original data based on the nonlinear mapping of the x scale.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,596 Views)