LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic ROI

Hi,

I want to create a freehand ROI descriptor.

The coordinate of boundary points are stored in a text file in the following format:

x1

y1

x2

x2

_ I have trouble reading the points since the Read from spreadsheet file VI seems to create a 2D array when the required contour array is 1D array. 

_ Also, i cannot create a proper cluster for the ROI descriptor. Please help me with this also.

Thank you in advance!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,785 Views)

OK, so you have multiple X-Y points.  You need 1 dimension for saving X and Y, and if you want to save more than one point, you need a second dimension to save points.

Yes, your "contour" is an array of "points", but each "point" is a 1D thing (unless you represent it as, say, a Cluster, in which case you could have a 1D Array of Clusters).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,745 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply.

If that's the problem, can you suggest any suggestions that those points' coordinate can be pushed into the ROI descriptor, let's say i can re-format the coordinate txt file as convenient as possible.

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,742 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your help, i found a way to programatically read the coordinates.

However, it keeps on saying my "Roi descriptor" is invalid although it seems quite valid to me since i resemble the same method from another program and the value displayed seems to be what i expected, here's my VI.

I'm sorry i cannot provide the picture since it's quite large.

Thank you in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,727 Views)