Thanks in advance ^^

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,025 Views)

@Liggias wrote:

Hello Hooovahh,

Could you take a look at the link you posted? I can't open it 😞 

Thanks in advance ^^

He had a space at the end of his link that you can't see.   https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-32352

Message 12 of 15
(1,014 Views)

Hi Liggias,

I do know that if i change a control to be an indicator that i could connect a formula to it, i'm not that new..

You didn't say so before…

I already tried this days ago but the values won't change, and i have no idea why.

We neither - as long as you don't show the VI you had created back then…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,001 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to adjst the duty cycle dynamically, to do so I had to adjust the frequency in order for the duty cycle to change. I think it is the event structure in the example causing this problem. I want a constant frequency and yet want the duty cycle to move up and down (dynamic duty cycle) between 0.1 and 0.9, which I've been able to accomplish with a sine waveform. I have the CTR0 Out from my USB 6211 hooked up to a oscilloscope so I can see if it is working or not. In my VI as it is now the duty cycle and frequency knobs / indicators seem to adjust with the sine but on my oscilloscope the duty cycle does not seem to vary. What could I do to fix this problem?

Thanks again for your time and I really appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(971 Views)

Hi Liggias,

What could I do to fix this problem?

GET RID OF THE EVENT STRUCTURE!

The event structure only reacts on user input!

- You want to control PWM with the result of a math calculation. There is no user input involved, so the event structure is plain wrong here.

- You want to react on ValueChange events, but you don't create them. READ THE HELP! Writing to a terminal will not create ValueChange events! Your current use of the event structure is plain wrong!

but on my oscilloscope

Why do you check your oscilloscope, but not your LabVIEW VI?

LEarn the LabVIEW basics and start to DEBUG your VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(961 Views)