Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Data in Array - Time Values

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

it's me again.

I read rows from a lvm-file and save it into an Array using Convert from dynamic datatype. The first column I have in the file is the time; I'd like to have the time as the first column in the Array too, but I could not find how to do this. I found this thread but I think I can't use it that way because I read single rows and process them..

The image attached should show how I mean this. So, is there a way to get the time (from the file) as column in the array?

Thanks,

mkrtwo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mkrtwo

Hi,

I'm afraid, since most of us never use express vis, you might have a hard time finding someone willing to familiarize themselves with them to analyze your code.

My advice is to get rid of the express vi (not just because you'll get more answers Smiley Wink).

Using the file I/O palette and then something like table string to array from the string palette to convert your data into a 2D array may yield just the output you'd like.

Regards Florian

Message 2 of 5
(2,535 Views)

Okay, I'll try that,  thank you Smiley Happy

"since most of us never use express vis"

"My advice is to get rid of the express vi (not just because you'll get more answers)"

Why is that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,531 Views)

In the time-tools you can convert time to/from doubles, maybe you already have the time in that format in the file?

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,522 Views)

Okay, I already got what I wanted using Read from Spreadsheet file; I had to change my VI a little bit but now I understood why you don't use Express VIs:

My VI is now much faster than before!

@Yamaeda:

In the file, the first Column contains the seconds since start as a double, but that wasn't the problem; the problem was the Express VI did'nt "give" me the time in any format. I think my first post may have been a bit inarticulate, sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,511 Views)