LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Picture on Front Panel to Secondary Monitor

On my front panel, I have a bunch of controls (numerical, and buttons) and a picture. However, I want to be able to duplicate that picture to take up the entirty of my secondary monitor (in this case a projector). I know how to move the front panel to a secondary monitor, however I just want a copy picture to be on the monitor so that I am able to use my controls and see the picture on the front panel on my laptop. I also have access to IMAQ, but am very new to it and dont know all of its capabilities.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,330 Views)

When you say "picture" do you mean like a 2D picture control, or a IMAQ video picture?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,315 Views)

A 2D picture control. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,310 Views)

I have done exactly that. I created a separate Display.vi. It has a 2D Picture control on the front panel and a Rectangle cluster which gets the size of the image from the calling VI.

The calling VI creates the picture to be displayed and sets the zoom factor on the image to fill the control.

Enhancements I have thought about but have not added would include getting the monitor information from the OS and adjusting the size of the picture control to fill the screen and to have it either select the secondary monitor automatically or provide for manual setup adjustment.  This has been part of a very low priority project over several years.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,304 Views)