LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual monitor problem

Dear...

I have a strange problem with dual monitor setup. I build an application using NI 9426 digital input as a trigger to play a video using WMP activeX. My video card has a DVI and VGA output, each output connected to Aten video splitter since i need to duplicate the display into several monitor. The strange problem is labview identifiy the display number incorrectly. Labview detect display 1 as 2 and vice versa i realize this because when i set a vi to be displayed in monitor 1 it is appear in monitor 2. Then i reverse the appearance setting in reverse, a vi that i want to be displayed in monitor 1 i set in monitor 2 and a vi that i want to be displayed in monitor 2 i set in monitor 1. This setting work fine untill another strange problem appear, randomly the 2 running vi swap position by itself while running. i can't figure out what is the problem, is it for the program inside VI? due to video splitter? or my video card?

any help would be very appreciated

thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,156 Views)

If you go into the VI properties one of the Categories is  Window Run-Time Position.  If you have the Position set to Unchanged or Custom, the Monitor drop-down is disabled.

But you can access this with a property node.

On the block diagram, in the Application Control menu, drop down a VI Server Reference and then and Property node.  Connect the reference to the Property node.  Select the Front Panel Window>>Monitor property.  Entering a 1 will display the front panel on the primary, a 2 wil be the secondary.  This should ensure which monitor a specific VI is displayed on..

Monitor.png

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,114 Views)

I realize this is quite an old thread but I have a similar issue. I have four monitors and I want to force my LabVIEW2016 EXE to run on Monitor 3 in Windows 7.

I have one display duplicated to monitor 1 and 4, then 2 and 3 are extended. So four screens showing three different views.

(Monitor 1 and 4 are the same because two operator stations both want to see the same main view)

When I use FP.Monitor, it doesn't really work. Setting 2 works but any other setting just puts the EXE on Monitor 1&4

When I make it so all monitors have separate displays (e.g. all Extended, no Duplicated) then the FP.Monitor works fine.

I guess it's a bug with FP.Monitor when using Duplicate display option?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,297 Views)

That is a strange monitor setup. I didn't even realize you could do something like that.

Check out <https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Multiple-Screen-Monitor-Application-Best-Method/m-p/3815093#M107765...>

I would recommend you move the vi to each of your 4 (3?) monitors and run the vi.
The other thing to do is press the "Identify Monitor" button from Windows so you know which monitors are which.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,278 Views)

Thanks Frozen

That link is helpful. I will see what monitor it thinks its on when I have the duplicating displays. Using the "Identify" feature inside setting resolution is how I knew which was which, and how I could make it work when Extending rather than Duplicating.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,253 Views)