LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-camera system: LabVIEW only recognizes one of the cameras?

Hello all, 

The system I am runnning has two identical Point Grey USB 3.0 cameras.
Manufacturer: Point Grey
Camera Family: Flea3

Model Number: FL3-U3-32S2M-CS

I want to run my interface in LabVIEW because of its easy-of-use. Here are some details describing my problem:

1) I am running a Windows 7 64-bit operating system.

2) I have installed FlyCapture v2.6 Release 4 - Windows (32-bit Download), which automatically installs camera drivers

3) I have a 32-bit version of LabVIEW installed 

4) When both cameras are plugged into the computer, Device Manager recognizes both cameras

5) I am able to run both cameras simultaneously in FlyCapture

6) PROBLEM: Measurement and Automation explorer only recognizes one of the two cameras while they are both plugged in. When either camera is plugged in separately, MAX recognizes the camera. But when two identical cameras are plugged in, MAX only recognizes one (the first that was read)

If you need any more information, please let me know!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,696 Views)

I did a forum search for you.  Check it out (like you were supposed to before posting) and see if any of the threads answers your question.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,676 Views)

Some USB camera drivers will not let have 2 cameras on the same USB port. I suspect that MAX and your software are not using the same drivers for your cameras. I have experienced that problem with simple Logitech cameras. One work around is to use a different USB port for each camera. Some computers will have different USB ports for the back and front USB plugs for example.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,589 Views)