LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox path

Hi everybody,

I'm posting this small vi I've made, I've not find the same function developed here.

Basically it returns the current user's Dropbox path, very useful if you're syncing files between users in that way.

I've tested it on windows7 both 32 and 64bit, it is probably working under win8 also.

I've not tested under xp or others, file structure may be different, so it could not work properly.

Bye!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,763 Views)

Thanks, unfortunately I can't test it now.

Might I suggest to move the code before the case structure into the true case? Seems like a lot less wiring that way. (It's a bit of a rube now...)

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,741 Views)

Half accepted: I'm not sure that in all 32bit systems the file of interest sits in "Local" instead of "Roaming": for sure in most cases it stays in "Roaming", so till  it's not verified I prefer test the existance in Roaming first.

BTW I've combed a little the wiring 🙂

Ciao!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,692 Views)

When all else fails, I use the old Windows XP path to the same place.  Windows (7, at least) has a shortcut that redirects you to the appropriate place.  That way, it's backwards-compatible, too!  (Which is precisely why they have the shortcut.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,656 Views)