LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for HP8504B

Hi, I'm looking for drivers for the HP8504B precision reflectometer.  At the very least I need the programing manual that describes the sequences in data acquisition. Can't find either one on the web with the exception of a user guide that has the commands but nothing about sequence of commands needed to for example capture the data that is displayed on the monitor.  I appreciate your help. Allan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,829 Views)

Hi Allan,

I'm not seeing this particular driver on the Instrument Driver Network.  Did your device come with any media that might have said driver?

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,787 Views)

The general flow of things is first you figure out how to do it manually, then you translate that into programming steps.  There's usally almost a 1:1 relationship between buttons and commands.

This appears to be an very old instrument, and back then, HP didn't have quite as good manuals as they do today (mainly due to the lack of technology to make the manuals they do now).  Try some stuff manually, then try to translate it into code.  If you have any questions, we'll be happy to confuse you.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,752 Views)