LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for RD-31 and 33 by Radian Research Needed

Hi Matt,

Can you send me the file in LabVIEW 2009?  I can't open them.  Also, can you send me the start timed acc code that you give me the correct respond?  I want to test it out on my station here.  Thanks!

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(1,519 Views)

Yik,

I just used the command you posted. If your using my vi's, don't include the checksum with the command. My vi's will automatically calculate and add the checksum. Sorry, but I haven't created any vi's for accumulated metrics tests yet. 

Matt Kraus
Message 12 of 28
(1,515 Views)

Hi,

Much kudos to all your help.  I am trying to parse out the return string of the trigger harmonic function, and it the result doesn't make sense.  I have attached the picture of how I parse the string.  Notice, you can just string the picture on a a vi to turn the picture into code.  It seems to be the harmoinc order and  status is not correct always.  Can you help?  Thanks!

Yik

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(1,497 Views)

Yik,

You're more than welcome. I'm glad to help. The string from the harmonics trigger has the ACK, status, and possible error codes. You want the array of double from the "Harmonics Data Read.vi". If you're doing it through one of your own vi's, the returned string will be in TI Float and needs to be converted.

Regards,

Matt Kraus
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(1,487 Views)

Hi Matt,

I fixed up my routine a little, and now my routine and your routine are generating the same values for harmonics, but they are not the correct value.  I assume that you need to trigger harmonics before you do a read harmonics, right?  Is that a particular state that I need to put the radian in when I run the harmonics functions?  I can't even get the correct values with the routine that you sent out.  Thanks!

Yik

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(1,485 Views)

Hi Yik,

The harmonics do need triggered. In my Harmonics Data Read.vi I poll the status until the harmonics are reported ready. Also, if you want the component levels you will have to manually calculate them. Only the total THD is given in the first row of the third column. The rest of the third column is reserved for future use and likely garbage data.

Regards,

Matt Kraus
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(1,479 Views)

If I just want to get the 2nd harmonic amplitude, would I be able to do that?  I try to use the programs, but the data is not valid?  If I can't do it through the program, how else can I do it?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(1,475 Views)

Sorry for my late response Yik, I have been out of office. The data should be valid. I haven't had trouble with this function reporting erroneous data. Radian does have a Utility called PC Suite. You'll have to contact Radian to get it. Is your data matching up with the display on the RD-30?

Matt Kraus
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(1,413 Views)

Hi Matt,

I developed the RD-33 driver and had it NI-certified.  When you have a chance, please check it out.  If you see anything wrong or if you have some comment, please let me know.  I am going to contact Radian as well and see can they have someone test the driver extensively. 

Yik

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=925BFFDD400949A4E04400144F1EF8...

Message 19 of 28
(1,335 Views)

Hi all, 

Do you have any VI to read the BNC output of the Radian?

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(1,184 Views)