From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing a route for an autonomous driver

Hello:
I want to be able to specify and create a route, for example (a 50 mts straigth line, then a quarter curve with a radio of 10 mts) so I want to be able for a user to draw it and then export the route as an X, Y points..... I have no Idea how to do that in lab view

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,496 Views)

Sounds like you should take a look into graph theory.

When the route is fixed, you can create a mathematical form (formula) for it or use vectors to describe the route.

Using a formula makes display easy as you can create a set of values and draw them directly on a (xy) graph. Using vectors makes creation of a set of values a bit more difficult. However, once done, you can also use an xy graph or an image display to draw lines:

DrawingFunctions.png

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,486 Views)

If I want every pixel to be  0.1 mts, and I want to especify for example "line of 10 meters north" then "1/4 arc with radius 7mts" or "diagonal south west angle 30º 18meteres"

Something like a simple autocad line drawer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,434 Views)

You have to compute each component for the graphics and put them together......

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,428 Views)