LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing a route for an autonomous driver

Hello:
I want to be able to specify and create a route, for example (a 50 mts straigth line, then a quarter curve with a radio of 10 mts) so I want to be able for a user to draw it and then export the route as an X, Y points..... I have no Idea how to do that in lab view

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,498 Views)

Sounds like you should take a look into graph theory.

When the route is fixed, you can create a mathematical form (formula) for it or use vectors to describe the route.

Using a formula makes display easy as you can create a set of values and draw them directly on a (xy) graph. Using vectors makes creation of a set of values a bit more difficult. However, once done, you can also use an xy graph or an image display to draw lines:

DrawingFunctions.png

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,488 Views)

If I want every pixel to be  0.1 mts, and I want to especify for example "line of 10 meters north" then "1/4 arc with radius 7mts" or "diagonal south west angle 30º 18meteres"

Something like a simple autocad line drawer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,436 Views)

You have to compute each component for the graphics and put them together......

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,430 Views)