LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing a circle without the rectangle around it

Hi,
I have noticed that when I use the either the "Draw Arc" or "Draw Circle" commands the circle draws along with a box to fit it. My program draws circles at random places on the screen so because the boxes are different sizes the pictures take different amounts of time to draw (between 8-350ms). I need the drawing to be as fast as possible (ie, 350ms is too long). Is there:
a) a way to not draw the bounding rectangle so that the pictures will draw at the same speed regardless of the cirlce position?
b) a way (other than drawing a filled box, which also takes too long) to put the circle on a background so that I can use the picture as a mask and have it be a constant size?
Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,461 Views)
Hi,

For draw arc.vi the rectangle specifies the size of an oval that contains the arc. Since this is the way draw arc .vi is programmed, the way to change it would be to dig deeper into the block diagram of the draw arc.vi and see if that can be done.

About draw circle by radius.vi, I am not sure what bounding rectangle you are referring to. It would be good if you could post a small part of your code to demonstrate the delay behaviour that you are experiencing.

Also please refer to the following document that refers to customizing LabVIEW Controls and Indicators that might be useful for your application:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/A9FBCAA7A3D7922186256A3000652B56?opendocument

Regards,
Ankita A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,461 Views)