LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw Arc Problem

I'm trying to draw an arc from my first point to my second point from a center point. I've attached the vi that I have been working with. What I need it to do is draw an arc from my start point to my end point in a counter clockwise direction. Can someone help me with this one?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,368 Views)
forgot the attachment!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,367 Views)

Joe John,

Have you tried using the actual Draw Arc.VI included on the tools pallette at Programming»Graphics & Sound»Picture Functions?  What are you trying to draw this arc to?

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,325 Views)

Your problem seems overdetermined, unless I don't understand your definition of arc. Can you show a drawing with the start-, center-, end- points in relation to the desired arc?

For example shouldn't the start-center distance be equal to the end-center distance?

Your default data have the end and center at the same position, giving you an arc of radius zero. You get an arc by providing better inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,317 Views)
I considered it underdetermined, I could draw multiple arcs which I consider to be segments of an ellipse.  I can vary the focal distance and inclination of the major axis.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,314 Views)

hi joe,

TO get the arc in counter clock wise,wire a negative arc length to draw arc picture vi.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,295 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,768 Views)