From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading VIPM packages from blocked network

Good afternoon,

I am trying to use the VIPM to download and install the OpenG and the MGI add ons for LabVIEW and I keep getting a message in VIPM that says that "this package is NOT compatible with your operating system or any LabVIEW version installed on your computer"

I am using LV 2014 on Windows 7, thinking it might be our firewall, is there a way to get the packages directly from an FTP? I can download the NI SE packages just fine, it looks like when it goes out to the JKI repository it is being blocked.

Thanks

Steven R. Howell

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,618 Views)

Have you ever been successful in installing with VIPM?  It requires that LabVIEW have TCP/IP enabled.  When you open VIPM, does 2014 show in the middle of the upper toolbar?  If you click the little downward arrow, is 2014 checked?  If you choose Configure LabVIEW versions, does the pop-up show the LabVIEW 2014 connect as "Verified"?

Sounds like you may have a VIPM configuration issue ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,586 Views)

What version of VIPM are you using?  I've seen some cases where a package built in VIPM 2014 wouldn't install using an older version of VIPM.  Some changes were made and it is a pain.  I didn't think expect OpenG or MGI had any updates recently and so I wouldn't think this is the case.

The VIPM error is a catch all for not being able to be installed, some times there is a more verbose error if you go to File >> Open Package File(s) and select the package file itself.

Packages are downloaded and cached in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache

Oh and you may get more help from the VIPM / JKI forums.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,556 Views)