LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in process "Installer"

Hi...I'm try make an Installer, and in finally state this process appearing on a mesage, that go in to attached.

If possible, you can help me?

Regards

Hugo Santos
Student at ISEC - Master Mechanical Equipment and Systems
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,540 Views)

In the installer options you selected to install certain device drivers (such as NI-VISA or DAQmx). The installer is asking you to tell it where the installation discs for those drivers are, because it can't find them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,529 Views)

Hello

Smercurio is right.

You have to inform the Application builder where it can find the software pieces it needs to create the installer.either insert the device drivers CD or redirect it toward the reposit directory.

Regards

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,510 Views)

Thaks for your reply, 

After you have made the installation on another machine, a problem occured in the installer parameters entered by me. I tried uninstalling everything, and I could not just uninstall the application executable. How to completely delete all files installed?
Greetings.

Hugo Santos
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,493 Views)

The installer/executable should appear in the list of programs installed on your PC (not in NI software sublist).

When you say you couldn't uninstall what do you mean? Error message? Can you share a screenshot please.

Bets regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,485 Views)

Yes appears, and I uninstalled it! But still it installed drivers. And now when I want to install another program again, is no longer a full installation.

Regards.

Hugo Santos
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,482 Views)

this is expected behaviour. Indeed the installer before executing checks if drivers you want to install are already present on your PC. If not then it installs the drivers, if yes it doesn't.

You have to uninstall driver going through "install/uninstall program of windows then in the list select "NI softwares". A new dialog box appear displaying all the drivers and NI soft currently install on your PC. Select the drivers you want to uninstall and then you can launch successfully your own installer.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,475 Views)

I can try this way. But not appears in list "NI Softwares". 

I do not know what to do.

Regards.

Hugo Santos
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,473 Views)

Hi Hugo,

Even after uninstalling drivers can you see then in MAX (in the tree select software).

Are you sure you followed this process to remove NI softs: tuto

try using directly  the NI uninstaller locating at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\NIUninstaller (for win 7 64bits)

regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,465 Views)

Ok, I will try this way. And after report the result.

Thanks for the support.

Regards.

Hugo Santos
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,461 Views)