From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Save All... except one

I am annoyed when I close a VI that I've been working on all day.  I'm prompted to save the VI that I have developed, and all of the system VI's that I have used.

For example, I created a new VI, added "DB Tools Execute Query.vi", then closed the front panel.  LabView asked if I wanted to save all 27 files.  The only file I want to save is the one I'm working on, so I have to click "Don't Save" 26 times, then "Save" once.

Is there a way to add a VI to the block diagram as read-only so I'm not prompted to save changes in files I never modified?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,303 Views)

Maybe you need to masscompile your LabVIEW or toolkit folder.

If you open one of the offending system VIs and look at the "VI properties...List unsaved changes", what does it say?

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-05-2008 12:28 PM
Message 2 of 3
(2,297 Views)
There is an option not to prompt for saving automatic changes (I believe in 8.x it should be in the misc. page of the options dialog), but you should definitely follow Altenbach's advice about mass compiling.