LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does vision assistant 2011 and 2012 provide normalized cross correlation?

Hi,

Does anybody know whether 2011 or 2012 version of vision assistant is with normalized cross correlation function?

I would like to get the normalized cross correlation of two images. Somehow I couldnt find it. I think it should be in "filter". But I can only see smoothing, edge detection and convolution there.

I have read a manual like file which says it is located in "filter" but somehow I just couldnt find it. If someone is sure that this function is coming with newer version of vision assistant please let me know. 

Thanks and happy new year!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,476 Views)

Hello,

I am using LV 2015. I have looked at the Vision Assistant, but could not find the normalized cross correlation function in there, too.

But if you go to Functions Palette > Vision and Motion > Image Processing > Filters, you can find IMAQ Correlation VI which computes the normalized cross correlation between two images. And as far as I can see from the NI Vision Help, it is available from a version prior to yours, so you should be able to use it with 2011 version.

As a side note, you can get more responses if you would post your questions related to vision under the Machine Vision Board.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,435 Views)

Normalized cross correlation is not in Vision Assistant. I filed Corrective Action Request 624062 to address it in a future version of the software.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,344 Views)