From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody ever succeed to use ActiveX controls with Autocad?

Hi

I'm trying to control Autocad with ActiveX controls, but I always get the same error.

-2147417846 : The message filter indicated that the application is busy.

I was wondering if somebody managed to do something with LabVIEW/Autocad.

All I want to do is pretty simple, I only want to be able to draw new points in a document.

So, please, let me know if you have an example.

Thanks

Julien
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,673 Views)

"Julien Tozzi" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1168873808175-463773@exchange.ni.com...
Hi
&nbsp;
I'm trying to control Autocad with ActiveX controls, but I always get the same error.
&nbsp;
-2147417846 : The message filter indicated that the application is busy.
&nbsp;
I was wondering if somebody managed to do something with LabVIEW/Autocad.
&nbsp;
All I want to do is pretty simple, I only want to be able to draw new points in a document.
&nbsp;
So, please, let me know if you have an example.
&nbsp;
Thanks
&nbsp;
Julien

Hi,

I never used the activex for autocad (I don't even have autocad), but recently I studied the autocad formats dxf and dwg.

The dxf is a native autocad format, and is not open (not documented, although there are some initiatives to document the format anyway).

But the dwg format is very simple and ascii based. If the drawings you want to create are always similar, it would be very easy to create the dwg files from LabVIEW. This will also keep your program activex free, which is good.

If you only want to change some coordinates, simply create a dwg file, replace the coordinates with some reference string (in notepad), and replace the strings in LabVIEW with the desired coordinates.

Perhaps it is useful. Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,655 Views)
Hi Julien,

I hope you are doing well today! Is it possible that AutoCAD might be running in the background when you are trying to interface with the objects? You might want to look into Task Manager to see if they are any AutoCAD processes running or if an AutoCAD icon appears in the taskbar. We need to determine if you are getting this problem due to LabVIEW or when interfacing with the ActiveX objects in AutoCAD. If possible, can you interface with ActiveX objects in any other environment? You might also want to contact AutoCAD’s support to see if they have ever seen this problem before when trying to establish an AutoCAD connection. Have a great day!

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,635 Views)

Hi

I have managed to control Autocad with Labview. I still don't know why I had this error, but I have restarted my computer and know it works fine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,616 Views)