From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a SERIAL Driver for Agilent 6811B AC source/ Power Analyzer exist?

Hello, I’m desperately trying to find a serial driver for an Agilent 6811B AC Source/ Power Analyzer. Also, is there maybe some way that I could take a GPIB driver and somehow modify it to work over the serial port? I’ve tried this myself with no luck with the IEEE488 driver at http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E9453659CE034080020E74861

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,928 Views)
Modifying the driver is relatively simple since it uses VISA and not the GPIB functions. You generally just have to add a case statement that configures the serial port and the VISA Write termination character. I've attached an example of what could be done. You probably have to change the serial port case to match what the instrument requires.
Message 2 of 4
(2,916 Views)
Thank you so very much! You both were extremely helpful and very quick! Thanks for the example Dennis, everything is working now.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,899 Views)