LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation wizard? (Scan Vi's and make a word help file)

Are there any tools ot automatically take a directory of LabView VI's (such as a driver library) and generate the starting template of a word based help document?

It seems very time consuming to copy and paste each VI image, data type image, input and output names etc. when most of the fundimental stuff could be determind programically....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,496 Views)

While it is not a documentation wizard, look at Print... from the File menu.  There are options for capturing images of the panel and block diagram, documentation, and other things.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,478 Views)

Under the Report Generation Palette there is a "Easy Print VI Panel or Documentation".  Using this then the Save Report To File can make an HTML file with pictures of the front panel and block diagram with control over how detailed it should be.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,420 Views)

Thanks, I went digging in the file->print menu and found exactly what I wanted to document a driver library:

The first print dialog gives an option for "Multiple VIs".

2nd next dialog allows you to add files (and select a current directory full of VIs).

3rd next dialog allows selection "VI documentation".

The 4th dialog allows me to select what data/pictures to include in the documentaiton. I can then save as RTF.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the document generated, it looks just like the labview help system and the older labview print manuals.

It also encourages me to look at the "Description and tip" of all input/outpus so that the documentation generate requries little/no addtions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,390 Views)