cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do nothing in case structure with For Loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am trying to extract some data from my signal (0.3 0.4 0.6 ...). I want to extract values that is larger than 0.5 and put it into an array. So i am using a For Loop which i can determine each index of my data to be compared and passed it into the case structure. In the "True"  box i wanted the value to be extracted outside the For Loop Box. And i want to "Do Nothing" if my value falls into the "False" Box. However, this would show error, saying " Tunnel : Missing assignment to tunnel".

I tried to select "Use Default" but it do not work since i am using a Boolean comparison. I tried to use Shift Register but to no avail too.

Could anyone guide me on this to extract only value larger than 0.5  and their index??

For Example "0.6 0.7 0.8 ; index 3 4 7" 

Great Appreciation will be given.

true.png

false.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,741 Views)
Use the Build Array with Shift Register to Build the Table.
Message Edited by Eugen Graf on 12-09-2009 05:39 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,739 Views)
Message 3 of 10
(7,725 Views)
Thank you Eugen. This is very helpful. Just one question is that the index of values is automated ? And could you supply me with the VI ?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,716 Views)

Your Table will be compressed, index will automaticaly grow.

Which LabVIEW Version do you use?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,714 Views)

Hi i am using 8.6.1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,710 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pengxin
Message 7 of 10
(7,696 Views)

pengxin wrote:
Thank you Eugen. This is very helpful. Just one question is that the index of values is automated ? And could you supply me with the VI ?

This looks like a job for the Code Capture Tool's new VI Snippet feature!
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,695 Views)
Thank you once again Eugen
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,670 Views)

This solution this saved me. Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,718 Views)