LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not dim main window if new one is opened

Hi,

I have one main window and a popup window that shows only some description (text). When there is a lot of text in the popup window, then user have to scroll down to see all content. To implement scroll functionality the popup window must be set as active, but that means that the main window is dimmed (borders of the window are dimmed). Is there a way to keep scroll functionality on the popup window, but at the same time not to dim the main window (the main window borders must look like the main window is active)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,817 Views)

Can you show us the code that you have tried. I believe you indirectly mean to say that both the windows (main and the pop-up) has to be accessible and you have a way to do that. Create a sub vi and tried to make that as a Pop-up window from the main vi and set the custom appearance in VI properties as Floating and call this vi dynamically from the main vi using the Run VI method.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,811 Views)

You may use main vi reference in popvi and keep enabling it form its property node.

Labview user
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,808 Views)

From what I understand, it is the Windows fucntionality. i am not sure if it possible to acheive what you are asking for.

in Windows, when you leave a window open and open another window. the first window borders are dimmed.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,799 Views)

Attached is an example of what I tried (also P@Anand suggested the same implementation).

Aojha - if I "enable" main vi then I am not able to scroll anymore in popup.

I know it is a Windows functionality, but I still hope it is possible 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,782 Views)

Please post the code in 2009 version

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,780 Views)

Attached is the LV 2009 version. I don't have LV 2009 anymore so I didn't test it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,774 Views)

The way you are calling is correct but while implementing the Run VI method its always better to check the state of the vi (Whether the vi can be executed or not) and then run it.

Edit: Make your sub vi property as floating (VI Properties>Appearance>Customize>Floating)

Execution State.PNG

Good luck

-----

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,766 Views)