From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need to convert VI programmes written in Labview 8.5 to Labview 2012 when i would like to run these programmes in Labview 2012?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have VI progarmmes written in Labview 8.5. These progammes can work well under labview 8.5.  Do i need to convert these VI programmes to Labview 2012 when i would like to run these programmes in Labview 2012? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,327 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yexue

LabVIEW 2012 can open VIs from as far back as 6.0.  But if you save them in 2012, you will have to perform a "save for previous" to get them back to 8.5.

This resource might be helpful:http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8387/en

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,325 Views)

When you open those programs in LV 2012, they will automatically be converted in memory to LV 2012.  The only question then is whether you save them back to file as LV 2012.  You will see the asterisk in the title bar showing something has changed.  And reviewing changes, you will see it had upgraded it from a previous version of LabVIEW.  If you just save, the version saved on disk will now be LV 2012.  If you need to keep it LV 8.5, you will need to do a "Save for Previous Version" just as CrossRulz has stated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,281 Views)