LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need two device for this exercise?

Hi,

there is a load cell with 0-25mV/V analog output (bridge load cell) and 0-10 V pressure relief. I want regulate pressure relief by load cell"s data. Do i need two device? 1 device to receive  the data from load cell and an other daq to regulate the pressure relief?

Or is there any device which capable handle AIO and bridge? 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,535 Views)

@rinpocse91 wrote:

Hi,

there is a load cell with 0-25mV/V analog output (bridge load cell) and 0-10 V pressure relief. I want regulate pressure relief by load cell"s data. Do i need two device? 1 device to receive  the data from load cell and an other daq to regulate the pressure relief?

Or is there any device which capable handle AIO and bridge? 

thanks

You are asking hardware questions in a software forum?  Seems you're not even remotely ready to start with the software implemntation yet.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,525 Views)

You already got an answer in your older thread

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,519 Views)

HI rinpocse91,

Yes, I can confirm one more time that if you want to use NI 9237 to read the data from sensor (load cell) than you will need another C Series Module (NI 9263) for Analog Output.

Basically, NI 9237 is a recommended device to use for load measurement because it has all the signal conditioning necessary for bridge based sensor (bridge completion, voltage excitation, etc.)

Some of the bridge sensors (loadcells) have a device that can provide voltage excitation and converts the reply from the sensor in a 0-10 V signal.

If your sensor has such a device, than you might be able to use only one device for your project (a multifunctions DAQ) that has both Analog Input and Output. For example, you can use a NI USB 6341. But there are plenty of other types depending on your sampling rate and other technical specifications.

I would recommend you to contact your local NI representative and discuss details about your project and they will advise you what device is the best for your application.

Best regards,

IR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,459 Views)