LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need LabVIEW PDS or just runtime when using Dynamically loaded Vi's

I have written a test sequencer that scan for Vi files in a test directory and runs them as required. This allows us to modify the Vi's without changing the sequencer. This is great for devvelopment lab , now we want to use in production. We don't want to install full LabVIEW environmnet on target PC just the Runtime Engine , can this be done ?

Will the Vi files still execute ?

Thanks
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,533 Views)
The first thing to do is to create an executeable from the top level test sequencer. You could then distribute the test VIs and their subVIs in an llb. For example, you might have test1.vi, test1.llb, test2.vi, test2.llb, .etc. You need the llbs so that the dynamically called VIs have all of the code. If there are a lot of common subVIs in your test steps, you could choose to include those into the build of the test sequencer.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,508 Views)
Can I call .LLB files though if I don't have the full LabVIEW environment installed. The target machine will only have Run Time Engine 7.1 and MAX installed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,480 Views)
All you need is the LV runtime for the version you created the executable with. At that point, it is just a binary. It can include dynamically loaded VIs, either bundled in the executable or as a separate LLB(s). You will need to install all driver dependencies (MAX, DAQ, NI-SCOPE, whatever) as well.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,473 Views)