LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed System Manager 2015 slow and strange...

Installed DSM 2015 on a Windows Embedded Standard 7 x64 machine.

This was the first peice of NI SW to go on it. I was using temviewer to connect to the machine as it's convenient for now, but TV is mandatory because these machines are our HMI for our product.

So I opened a ticket with NI support. Nothing very fruitful came of that so I downgraded to Distributed System Manager 2014. Same things happen.

So I downgraded to DSM 2013 and finally the performance I expect is there.

What is the performance I expect? Click on enable forcing, and not have to wait minutes before the LED indicating that forcing is enabled turns green. Also, clock on TC input chanel and expect relatively real time readings.

What is the strange behavior? Click on  the enable forcing button, and get tired of wating for the LED to turn green, so go poke around at module in the chassis, and return immediatly to the forcing dialig. And lo and behold now the LED is green. Click on a TC input channel, and get (1) update of the channel data, no trend paints, and the digital display does not move. Click another channel, and seemingly get another 'sample' of that channel. Go back and repeat.

All we use it for is to occasionally forc I/O or look at raw I/O while troubleshooting.

So after I was happy with the above scenario (downgrading to DSM 2013), I ended up having to factory restore this machine (for other reasons) and start over with my software install. Now, I have DSM 2013 installed and the RAD 14 Utilty installed. And now DSM 2013 wants to behave like the others and be slow to respond and not trend variables etc....It is driving me nuts

I am connecting to a cRIO-9068 with 3.5 firmware that is running a start-up application developed in LV2015.

The total CPU load of the application is 45-50%.

Some other complaints about DSM. DSM 2015 on my Win 10 development laptop running LV2015 refuses to 'render'. I see it on the task bar, when I hover over it on the task bar windows 10 shows me a little thumb of the DSM window, but I cannot get it to appear on either monitor.

The only place DSM seems to work reliably in on my older development laptop. DSM 2014 on Win 7 32 bit - Seems to work.

TIA for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,888 Views)

Are you using Teamviewer the whole time to control the computer with the Distributed System Manager?  Teamviewer is going to really slow down the whole process, and naturally will have problems with any kind of rendering.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,849 Views)

The connection is over the local LAN.

TV is quite well behaved with any other application. And DSM acts the way it does whether or not TV is running.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,838 Views)

Do you have Windows 10 IoT or just normal Windows 10?  The embedded versions are going to be much slower, though to a degree.  It is also possible that DSM is not fully supported on the embedded OS, though I am not sure about that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,770 Views)