LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispose Report takes a long time to execute

Whenever this portion of my code is executed the dispose report function takes forever to run. I have attached a screenshot of my code. It is only the first (on the upper half of page) dispose report function that takes a long time, the other one executes in a normal amount of time. The Word file that I am trying to close isn't even that big, so I'm not sure what is taking so long. 

Thanks,

Maddie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,773 Views)

Are you getting any errors?  Wire up the error inputs/outputs and see if something is not working properly.  Do the macros return the values you expect?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,748 Views)

The macros return what they are supposed to. I am not getting any errors, it just takes a very long time. I have just decided to run another macro to close the word document and that seems to be a good workaround. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,740 Views)

Hello! I'm facing the same issue the thread author did.

In my case Word report is saved and closed just as it's supposed to after the required data was added in. After it's closed it still takes 20 to 25 seconds for program to finish. I have no idea what could be the cause for this. 

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks!

Snippet_single file processing.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(196 Views)

I have something to add. I just built up an EXE from VI.

First I ran it on the machine where LabView is installed and there was the same huge delay in the end of the program.

Then I tried the same EXE on another machine with no LabView installed and it worked smoothly as it should.

There is a difference in MS Office versions (2019 vs 2016). Maybe that is the reason. It works fine on the machine with 2016 version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(175 Views)