LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying another application within a running VI front panel

@JÞB wrote:

It appears to be a .NET application.  And it does appear possible to imbed the .NET control. Documentation is sadly lacking.  Have you asked the application engineers over at Omron?

Not yet, as it's only a prototype, and only wanted to contact them with a very specific question, after doing some research of my own. Think I might have a strong enough research now to ask specifically what I need, will probably get to that when they are again available (out of office for the holidays).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,085 Views)

Another option for you might be to the Win32 API SetParentWindow method which will allow you to embed one window inside another. I don't have much practical experience with this, but be aware that it apparently can sometimes be an issue because of window management code that LV has or it might break if the other application needs the window to work in a specific way to draw into it, etc.

Also remember and that ultimately you do end up with an entire window on top of your UI, which the user can then move around, unless you also start to hide the window's title bar, etc. or you keep moving it back.

Should be easy enough to check, though, and you can find examples of this online, so it's still a useful thing to check.

(1,059 Views)