LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display two signals from arrays in different speed

Oh, ok, the picture wasn't showing up for me before. Looking at it now, hmm, I'm not sure what the problem is. Have you tried using the probe tool? When you probe it, is the array empty or does it have data in it?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(842 Views)

@ZMK16 wrote:

Here is another try to display at least one running signal in a Waveform graph. The Graph is not showing a signal. The X and Y Axis are autoautoadjusting but no graph is displayed.

Can you attach the actual VI instead of a truncated image? Remove all unecessry code and incude typical simulated data so we have something tio play with.

Is there a reason you convert to a 3D array, but never get out of the single plane, seems completely redundant and unecessary?

If you want to display some data over the entire range, but also new data as it arrives, initialize a 2D array of sufficient size with NaN and place the permanent data into certain rows. Now you can update with the growing data by replacing the NaNs in the relevant row.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(837 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
If you want to display some data over the entire range, but also new data as it arrives, initialize a 2D array of sufficient size with NaN and place the permanent data into certain rows. Now you can update with the growing data by replacing the NaNs in the relevant row.
Here's a very crude example that can potentially give you some ideas.

Message 13 of 14
(830 Views)
Wow great way of doing it! I didn't know the trick of using NaN to tell the graph not to plot a value yet.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(820 Views)