LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display the measurement from oscilloscope to computer screen

You should now be able to select your VISA resource name.  Then, press the RUN arrow and it should talk to your scope and read the waveform.

NI-Example2.png

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 41
(2,181 Views)

Same ProblemSmiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 41
(2,175 Views)

Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 41
(2,170 Views)

Next step is to open the block diagram of the example to see how it works so you can expand on it if you need.  Generally, when you talk to hardware with LabVIEW you go through the same basic steps.  1) Initialize the hardware and establish communication protocol  2) Configure the hardware so it does what you need  3) Trigger the hardware to collect data [Optional - some hardware just collects all the time]  4) Read the data it collected  5) Close the resource.

I added some extra notes to the example:

NI-Example3.png

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 41
(2,166 Views)

@prof.Anil wrote:

Same ProblemSmiley Frustrated

What is the name of the example you are running?  Did you select your Scope's VISA name correctly???

EDIT:  Also try turning off your scope and turning it back on to make sure it's not in some error state.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 41
(2,163 Views)

Eror is :3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 41
(2,149 Views)

What is the scope sir ?

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 41
(2,146 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
It is one of the examples that is throwing the error and an instrument not listed in MAX will cause a completely different error.

Yeah, I got a bit ahead of myself there and didn't read through the thread and look up errors before I typed.  Smiley Embarassed  

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 41
(2,141 Views)

@prof.Anil wrote:

What is the scope sir ?

The Scope is the oscilloscope you have connected to your computer.  The Agilent DSO-X with all the buttons and knobs. Smiley Wink

Can you expand the VISA control to the right and tell me the whole resource name.  It doesn't look correct.

You're SELECTING it by clicking on the VISA Resource Name control right???  Don't type in the box, click on the control and select from the name(s) that pop-up for you.  It should start with USB0::

EDIT:  You will need to use the finger tool and click the little arrow on the far right of the control.  Get the finger tool by View > Tool Palette   then click the pointing finger.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 41
(2,138 Views)

VISA  resource name is right sir. I change the name from NIMAX. I am sure it is right. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 41
(2,125 Views)