LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display max and min values using waveform graph cursors.

Hello! I am a beginner engineering student and have just started using Labview this week. I only get 2 hours of classtime a week so the homework assigned for Labview is pretty confusing for me. That being said, compared to what I have seen on this forum this should be a very simple question. 

I need the cursor legend of a waveform graph to display the max and min of an array of random values. I don't think It should be too hard since I saw my professor do it in class and it only took him a few seconds to set it up. I just don't know how to do it.

Here is my front panel and block diagram:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,298 Views)

You are very close.  All you need to do is create a property node for the graph.  The first property you need is Active Cursor.  This is how you tell which cursor you want to affect.  The second property you need is Cursor.Position X.  So if you set the Active Cursor to 0 and the X Position to the index of the max, you will move the cursor to the position of the maximum.  Now do the same with cursor 1 and the minimum.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,272 Views)

Okay, im new to this, so I'm still having trouble. I'll show you what I have now in the screenshot. I still don't know how to set the active cursor to 0, or how to set the X position to the index of max. Do I wire values to these properties, or do i wire the properties to the graph somehow. I really don't know how to wire these at all. 

Thanks for the help in advance.

Screenshot (2).png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,266 Views)

The property node is expandable, so you can set more than one thing at a time.  So expand the property node to have four parts and find the four properties you need (Active Cursor, Cursor.Position X, Active Cursor, Cursor.Position X).  Right-click on the property node and select "Set All to Write".  Now you can set the properties instead of just reading.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,263 Views)