LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display in a waveform graph

Hello, I need a solution for the follow problem:

How can I display a generated pulse train by 'DAQ CREATE VIRTUAL CHANNEL CO PULSE FREQ'. After that that mentioned I have a 'DAQ START TASK' and then 'DAQ CLEAR TASK'. I have no idea, because the DAQ READ is the only function I know which has a adapted output to connect with a waveform graph, but DAQ READ doesn't work . I hope for a fast answer, it's very urgent. THANK YOU VERY MUCH..
Marco
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,831 Views)

Hallo!

You need to create a second parallel task which read from the analog input and physically connect the counter output with the analog input. You cannot automatically read what the counter outputs, you must create a second task which make it.

So create a second line which makes analog input, set the sample clock faster as the pulse you are generating, connect the counter output with the analog input and use the DAQmx Read function to read the analog input after you started the counter output.

Similar programs are implemented in the examples under synchronisation, multi function. You must change them a little bit for your needs.

Regards

Ken

Message 2 of 4
(2,815 Views)

Tank you for the tip but I can't really solve the problem. Maybe you can look at the .vi in the attachement and give me a further advice how I can display the pulse in the diagramm.

Thank you very much

Marco Speicher

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,791 Views)

Hi Ken,

I just came through this discussion because I am looking for the same solution, to plot the counter output in a square wave format using DAQmx Read. Do you mean that we need to hard-wire the device back to anothe cDaq card that will read the analog input from that device? Is there a way to simply see the pulses being plotted/displayed in a square wave format?

Thanks,

Rei

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,410 Views)