LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Stirling sun Tracking program

Hello , i am a Labview beginner. In a previous Work a program for sun Tracking was written. This program could not be tested because of a short ciciut in one of the TMCM 1110. My Task is to get the program run. But after one Week of trying i just  can control the motors with labview and this program i found in the internet. I have no idea how i should do this. Actually the program should work but it doesnt. The Bachelor thesis in which the program is described is in the appendix and the program too, Please help me i have really no idea. maybe you find the mistake in the program or maybe you have an idea for a new program to get get the Dish-Stirling-Sun tracker to run.  

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,873 Views)

The Bachelor thesis in which the program is described is in the appendix and the program too,

I do not see any "appendix" here, you only attached a photo and some VIs. You mean, you have found these VIs in the appendix of a BS thesis?

I just had a quick look on the VIs. Total madness, It would be a real pain to debug it, sorry but I have no time to work with it.

First of all, you should get a description what the LabView program should perform with the hardware, I guess you have such a documentation. It is a good starting point. I would start to make a new LabView code, since the attached VIs are just simply bad. For sure, you can use some parts of the original with some modifications as subVIs.

Since you are a beginner, I see three possibilities:

1. someone will be nice and refactor/fix the VI for you (you need luck)

2. you start to learn LabView, and when you have the necessary level, you build a proper application (cost time and effort, but I would go this way)

3. you hire a Labview programmer to do the task (cost money)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,810 Views)

Hi,

i believe, you posted this question in an earlier thread on:

http://www.labviewforum.de/Thread-Dish-Stirling-Solaranlage-2-Achsen-Schrittmotorsteuerung

I recommendation are the same as Trinitatis told you. 

the bockdiagram is not programmed based on the NI style guide. Therefore nobody will be able to debug the program. 

-> You should rewrite the source code in a modular architecture. Furthermore you have to think about your architecture.

Therefore you have to get the basic knowledge in LabVIEW programming. The easiest way to get them is listening to LabVIEW core 1 and 2. There are several ways to do this. If you have a software within SSP, you can use Self paced online training for free,

http://sine.ni.com/myni/self-paced-training/app/main.xhtml

If you are writing your "Studienarbeit", you are able to get the thypical courses like core 1 and 2 for a reduced price, you can register for this via the following link in germany:

http://germany.ni.com/academic/training/programs

These would be my recommendation for you as a beginner. After getting the basics, you will be able to get the program running.

Without Hardware i believe, you are the only person who can find the issue.

Best Regards, Fabian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,793 Views)