From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrete Integrator (Control and Simulation Module) - LabVIEW 2015

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to drag the discrete integrator onto a block diagram in LabVIEW 2015. Every other vi in the "Discrete Linear Systems Palette are draggable but not the "Discrete Integrator". I've noticed the same thing for the Continuous Linear Systems' Integrator. Does anyone want to explain how to fix this?

Sincerely,

Lex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,571 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lexicondi

Lexicondi,

Unfortunately, those functions cannot be dragged outside the Control & Simulation Loop. We only support discrete transfer function, state-space and ZPK models.

So, if you want the 'discrete integrator' outside SIM, you have the following options:

a) Use the 'discrete transfer function' as T/(z-1) (or any other type of discretization available in Control Design Continuous to Discrete);

b) You can develop your functions inside the Control and Simulation Loop and then, create a Subsystem from it. The Subsystem allow you to move outside SIM also. There you can use any SIM function that you desire;

Hopefully this should be sufficient for your application.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(3,533 Views)

Thanks!

Your proposal is right except that the control and simulation loop does not work in a subsystem vi.

Correct? Cause I tried with the integrator and gain in a control loop subsystem but it's not draggable as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,510 Views)

When I say 'drag the subsystem', I mean drag the whole subsystem outside the Control and Simulation Loop, like this:

drag and drop.png

This is supported by the API and you can setup the solver with the specific features necessary for your controller/plant.

Hopefully this makes it clear...

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,467 Views)

Clearer!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,464 Views)