From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled item in plot legend when scrollbar is visible

Problem is that plot legend shows only the plots being displayed correctly, while plot legend scrollbar is not being displayed, which is being controlled using LegPlotMin and LegNumRows properties. But when plot legend scrollbar is enabled (when number of plots exceed a certain number) then one disabled item (already being displayed in the enabled item above it) becomes visible. How to not show it while plot legend scrollbar is visible?

Image 1.png

Second question. If plot legend scrollbar is visible and the user has scrolled it to the bottom and left it there and then selects options where the number of plots are less than a certain threshold and the scrollbar is set to invisible, using property node; then the only lower disabled plot names are shown. So how do I set the scroll position for plot legend scrollbar. I could not find any scroll position property for plot legend scrollbar.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,559 Views)
Oh and that is an xygraph
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,541 Views)

Hi Rashid,

I tried this out, and I see what you mean.  This functionality is kind of buggy.  I am currently filing a corrective action report on what I see.

If you can post exactly what you are trying to do, we should be able to find a workaround.

-Jim B.

Applications Engineer, National Instruments

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
Message 3 of 4
(2,500 Views)

It is true that you cannot set the index of the topmost displayed plot in a plot legend. It's a missing property! To accommodate long legends, I have used two graphs, one hidden behind the other. Both receive all the data, and their two legends are aligned side by side. In fact, I wrote a routine to align legends of stacked plots, which I've attached here for you. Maybe you'll find it useful!