LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable mouse wheel scrolling shifting window

I am trying to use the mouse wheel to zoom in on a graph. It isn't too hard to do using the mouse wheel event, but my problem is that when I scroll over the graph, the entire window shifts since its vertical scrollbar is visible. I do not want to turn this off, but I do want mouse wheel scroll functionality. When I scroll over a text box, the window does not shift. Is there a way to prevent the window from shifting so using the mouse wheel over the graph acts like using the mouse wheel over the text box?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,961 Views)

Okay how about you detect the wheel move, and then if you saw a wheel move, move the pane back to where it should be.  Attached is a quick example that modifies the shipped example.  When you scroll the mouse wheel when over the picture the pane will shift, then shift back.  As a result you'll see a small shift up then back to where it was.  Not very clean but its a start.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,948 Views)

That is true. I was thinking along those lines of turning off scrollbars and turning them back on, but for that to work I would need a Mouse Wheel? event (the mouse wheel does not trigger Mouse Down? event). But I was hoping for a less messy solution. Maybe I should suggest this in the idea forum.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,942 Views)

An idea exchange would be a great idea.  Having a Mouse Wheel?  with a discard would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,933 Views)