LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable launch of front panel when starting web services

Hello all,

This may be a naive question as it may have a simple answer that I am missing, but is there a way to not have all VIs associated with a web service launch (i.e. show their front panel) when you start a web service?  I find this to be very irritating as I have a lot of VIs associated with the web service that I am running and don't want my windows cluttered up with VI front panels that I am not interested in viewing.  

Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,492 Views)

I don't really have experience with web services, but do the VIs have the show FP when called option checked?

This should be in the VI properties>window appearance section.

If this doesn't help, can you upload an example showing the problem?

(3,477 Views)

Thanks for the reply, tst.  I was hoping that I would be able to reproduce this on the client side, but unfortunately I can't generate a simple example .  My web service is large and contains a lot of resources to access different variables and it seems to reproduce this, you would have to deploy this onto an RT target.

Some further insight into the issue - starting a web service on my current target is similar to when you select Deploy All on a virtual folder in a project - all of the front panels become visible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,460 Views)

Soooo.....does anyone at NI have any suggestions?  If this is expected behavior, this is incredibly annoying behavior - spawning 40 VI front panels when starting a service doesn't seem ideal to me...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,425 Views)

Anyone from NI wish to provide some insight?  This is a rather irritating feature and I would like to prevent the front panels from opening if possible.

Cheers, m

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,297 Views)

Thanks, black1, but this is similar to the post by tst but this refers to the invoke method so it is a little farther off.

I will reiterate what I see from above - when I select start on the web service, ALL front panels of the VIs of the web service open when running on an embedded system.  This does not seem to be the case if you do the same thing on a local machine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,276 Views)

You might wish to contact NI support directly, as with them you have the option of sending them your actual code, which apparently you can't do here. I'm not sure, but you probably need an active SSP for that.

(3,270 Views)

Yup...that is the next step.  Just feeling tired and lazy and it is easier to whine here....sigh.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,265 Views)

may be i do not understood correctly, but I have everything working hidden. )

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,257 Views)