LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directly use the Labview on VisualStudio

I have already built the labview to control the NI USB 6353. But I have another sensor which need to be prgrammed by C#. Can I use VisualStudio to program the sensors and import what I had from Labview so that I don't have to rewrite the USB 6353 again in C# language? Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,168 Views)

Hi,

you could build a LabVIEW Dll and use that in C#. My guess is, it would still make sense performance wise, to rewrite the code for your 6353 in C#, if it's not too much. Generally there are many solutions to your problem: Create LabVIEW Dll to use in C#, rewrite code in C#, program the Sensor in LabVIEW (if there's a .Net assembly it might work just fine) or create a C# DLL and use it in LabVIEW. 

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,141 Views)

Depending on what you are doing to control the USB 6353, it may not be that big of a deal to program it in C#.

It isn't a bad thing to know more than one programming language. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,098 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

Depending on what you are doing to control the USB 6353, it may not be that big of a deal to program it in C#.

It isn't a bad thing to know more than one programming language. 

I would agree - with this caveat:

Learn the new language correctly.  If you just learn C# by just winging it, who knows what kind of coding cr@p you could be churning out?  It is a headache to troubleshoot when someone does that in LabVIEW, and because of that, I'd never foist any of my VB .NET stuff upon anyone in a VS forum.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,057 Views)