LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ding sound when I Export Picture Image

Hi All,

I am using 'Export Image' Invoke function of Picture control to export Picture control's data to Clipboard. The function performs as it is intended to but in 64 bit version of LabVIEW, I hear a ding when I use this function. I do not hear any ding in the 32 bit version. Also, there is no ding in the development mode, I only hear it in the 64 bit EXE.

Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,897 Views)

Hi,

I have a couple questions that may help narrow down troubleshooting.  Do you hear the ding on the 64-bit executable on other machines too or just the development machine?  Also how have you determined that the invoke node is the part of the code causing the ding?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,812 Views)

Do you hear the ding on the 64-bit executable on other machines too or just the development machine? 

Yes, I hear Ding on all the other machines I run the executable.

Also how have you determined that the invoke node is the part of the code causing the ding?

I removed invoke node from the code and did not hear any Ding in the EXE.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,797 Views)

Somewhere I posted code to momentarily turn off a sound, but that is probably like pulling the bulb from your check engine light.  Does the code work despite the ding?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,775 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

Does the code work despite the ding?

Yes, the code works despite the ding.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,763 Views)

Hi,

It does seem strange you are hearing a ding.  I would like to see if I get the same result on my machine.  It looks like you are using LabVIEW 2013, correct?  And which OS?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,661 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 on Win 7.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,642 Views)

Hi, 

Just wanted to let you know I found the same result as you.

This was reported to R&D (# CAR 444840) for further investigation.  Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,613 Views)

Thanks for reporting it to R&D team. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,575 Views)