LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinamically register for events

Hello,

Can anybody help me to use this tool to process in a SubVi events that occur in the main Vi? This option is mentioned in the Help but it's not clear to me and there's no example.

Thanks,

Marce
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,450 Views)
I found an example of how to do that in Labview's example directory. I don't know whether LV 7 express or 6.1 already had this example, but in 7.1 you can find it here: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\general\dynamicevents.llb\Dynamically Monitor VI's.vi

aartjan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,442 Views)
Hello,

After a hard work I found out how to do that. It's quite tricky because, when you put the event structure in a SubVi, there's no "physical connection" between the Register for Events node and the event structure. The, for every change that you make in the events registration you have to create a new (up-to-date) reference control and copy it to the SubVi so it replaces the previous one there. Otherwise the dinamic events that the SubVi sees are not right and the wiring between the Register for Events node and the SubVi call gives an error. On the other hand, the option works nice and allows you to transfer all the event treatment to the SubVi.

Thanks,

Marce
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,427 Views)