LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DigitalGraph Annotation at different axis-Y level although the value is same

Hi,

I have plot a graph with annotation and I found it labeling the axis-Y at the different level, with the same value.

Please look at the screenshot I attached. I have attached the Vi too, simply run it will get the result as preview in screenshot. 

So, 

Any idea to fix this ? 

and I need to know, 

How the annotation actually label the axis-Y level ? (sometimes label at  '1', sometimes at '0', a reason behind it that cause this inconsistently ? a fix setting as written in cluster should have all the label at the same level, but why it behave up and down..) 

Please help .. Thanks in advance..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,890 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for sending your VI with your question. I've tried running it and it appears to run fine with the digital input waveform you have specified. Do you have any input data that you know causes an error that you could send to me? I have attached a screenshot of what happens when I run the VI, so let me know if that looks more like what you are trying to achieve.

Also, the reason for the annotation switching between a 1 and a 0 along the various lines is because it is an indication of whether the digital signal on that line is high or low at that point, rather than a label on the y-axis itself. It shows that on, for example, line 4, the signal begins low, hence the 0 on the axis, before switching to high, hence the 1 on the axis. I'd be very grateful if you could let me know if this answers your question and don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else clarifying.

Regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,853 Views)

Hi Jeremy, 

Thanks for your reply. I have download the vi I attached and try to run it again. The result still remain the same with the picture I attached. 

I m using Labview v8.5.1, Professional Development System. Just curious to know if you are running at Labview 8.6 or other version. 

If you have any suggestion, please let me know. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,837 Views)

Hi

You're quite right, I was running the VI in LabVIEW 8.6. Having just run the VI in 8.5.1 I have achieved the same result as you. I have discovered that it is in fact a problem in 8.5.1 that was corrected for version 8.6. If you have the Standard Service Program (SSP) then you will be entitled to a free upgrade to LabVIEW 8.6. Also if you navigate to this link then you will have the opportunity to trial LabVIEW 8.6, or request a LabVIEW evaluation DVD, so that you can use 8.6 to run your existing VI's for a limited period. If you require any further information then don't hesitate to ask. Hope this is of use to you,

Regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,824 Views)

Thanks for your reply. Thanks for proving this is something wrong happen with labview 8.5.

Anyway, thanks again. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,814 Views)

Btw, is there any "patch" to fix this ? or Any idea to fix this by using any labelling/annotation method?

Any suggestion to fix this if I am not opt to upgrade it to 8.6 ? (since the Pro version has just cost a few k months ago ..)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,786 Views)

Hi Engwei

I've not yet been able to find an obvious work-around, but I was wondering if you could explain the precise steps you took in creating your VI, particularly with respect to how you created the digital waveform and the labelling method. If you are able to do this then I will try my best to work out a different method that may produce better results. Look forward to hearing back from you,

Regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,757 Views)

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your willingness to help. 

My purpose is clear, as from the vi I attached, to plot the label on column and row, according to the column array and row array, without randomly have the arrow goes up and down.

The problem I faced now is the label level going up and down without any obvious reasons. It's aint cause by the value itself. The errors occur in random. Thanks for your time. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,748 Views)

Hi Engwei,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've searched around and discussed the problem with my colleagues and I've discovered that there is no patch that we can implement in LabVIEW 8.5.1. As I mentioned before, this issue has been resolved in LV 8.6, and it seems that your best option is to upgrade your software. The link to where you can acquire an LV 8.6 evaluation DVD is in one of my previous posts, or if you would like to further discuss upgrading with one of our engineers, then you can call Technical Support on 01635 523545. If you have any other questions then please don't hesitate to ask me.

Regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,741 Views)

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks to your very fast responsive. I will try to find if there is any solution to fix the annotation problem.  

Thanks a lot for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,725 Views)