LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital input

I am trying to use a digital input from my DAQ Assistant to either stop a while loop or change the condition of a case structure.  I can't figure out how to do this because both of these want a boolean, but the output from my DAQ Assistant is a 1D array of boolean.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,078 Views)

Try out an "index array" function. It can be re-sized (drag down on it to get more than one output).

Yeasr ago whn I was just a wee-G-babe one of my mentors taught me;

"If you do not know how a function works, doa crtl-n (new VI) and try it out.

The other bit if wisodm came from the first peson to be a CPI outside of NI who taught me;

"If in doubt, right-click"

Which will give the option to pull up the help for the function.

Have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(3,063 Views)

... or as my mentor, Art Dee, taught me, "hover over it.  If help doesn't pop up, type Ctrl-H."

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,047 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Try out an "index array" function. It can be re-sized (drag down on it to get more than one output).

Yeasr ago whn I was just a wee-G-babe one of my mentors taught me;

"If you do not know how a function works, doa crtl-n (new VI) and try it out.

The other bit if wisodm came from the first peson to be a CPI outside of NI who taught me;

"If in doubt, right-click"

Which will give the option to pull up the help for the function.

Have fun!

Ben

Kudos to your sig. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 4 of 4
(3,033 Views)