LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Inputs Are Not Being Read At Deployment

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks In Advance For All The Help.  This is my first post.  

I am using an USB-6001 DAQ and in the Labview programming enviornment it functions as expected both the digital and analog signals are seen by the code.  However after building and deploying the software to another computer, the code is not seeing the digital inputs.  It sees the analog inputs, but not the digital.  Any ideas why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,691 Views)

Hi jarden,

when such things happen you should usually check for error codes. Did you?

Are there any errors in your VI?

How do you create the DAQmx tasks? Are they defined in MAX or in the project/VI? Mind to attach your VI?

Does the USB6001 get the same device name in the other computer?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(3,686 Views)

GerdW has the asked the right questions. Please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you.

With the analogs working, but the digitals not, that seems to point to a task issue as if you are setting up the tasks in MAX, but not including the digital ones on the other computer.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 3 of 6
(3,666 Views)

I am not seeing any errors.  There is a warning on the deployed computer.  -1950679034.  The warning does not occur on the programming computer.

I have attached the vi that generates the inputs.  When I build this vi and run it in a loop,  it sees the inputs on the deployed computer, but will not send them out to other vi's.  

As for the name of the vi, I don't know how it came to be named user event restister.  

The daq's are named the same on both computers.  I don't think it would see the analog inputs if they weren't.  I used the daq assistant to generate the tasks,  

Thanks again for the help and please forgive any typos.  I am typing with a broken finger.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,623 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jarden

Hi jarden,

There is a warning on the deployed computer.  -1950679034.

Did you check the error number? I did: it is related to your shared variables…

it sees the inputs on the deployed computer, but will not send them out to other vi's.

Are we talking about DAQmx problems - or do we talk about problems of network communication using shared variables?

As for the name of the vi, I don't know how it came to be named user event restister.

When you are the programmer, then you SHOULD know. Or atleast you should be able to rename the VI…

So please check for yourself:

Where is the warning coming from? Which shared variable has no value?

Clean up the VI and remove the Rube-Goldbergs!

Using the error cluster is fine, but using just one error wire for ALL functions (DAQmx, signal analysis, SharedVariables) will easily yield in unexpected behaviour…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(3,617 Views)

I did not see the warning page when I searched.  I just saw the error page which talked about network cards.  I turned all the variables from network to single process, and it fixed the problem.

As for the name, I was just trying to be funny.  It's a typo I never fixed. 

I wired all of the errors together because that is what I was taught to do, and yes it does cause wierd things to happen when errors occur.  I didn't know it would cause a problem with  warnings. 

Thanks again for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,598 Views)