LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Image correlation for images taken with Atomic force microscopy for plane deformation measurement

Is it possible to perform Digital image correlation with Labview VI ?

I am a beginner with lab view  and I am working on a project to integrate labview with  probe station(microscope with AFM scanning tip) for recording the images for inplane deformation measurement on MEMS comb structure.

Please share the possibilities.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,767 Views)

First, learn LabVIEW.  Take a course, if one is offered.  Study multiple on-line tutorials (there are a bunch listed in the upper-right corner of the Forum).  Find a LabVIEW "guru" who can take you on for a few weeks as an "apprentice".  Alternatively, hire a skilled LabVIEW programmer.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,741 Views)

First, learn LabVIEW.  Take a course, if one is offered.  Study multiple on-line tutorials (there are a bunch listed in the upper-right corner of the Forum).  Find a LabVIEW "guru" who can take you on for a few weeks as an "apprentice".  Alternatively, hire a skilled LabVIEW programmer.

Oh, and, yes, it is possible to perform Digital Image correlation with LabVIEW. 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,739 Views)

thank you for your suggestions and if DIC is possible with AFM pictures then can you please share me your ideas.

BR 

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,723 Views)

Hi Ravi,

as far as i found out yet there is no LowLevel DIC-Function in LV or its Toolkits. There are VIs using the DIC Algorithm thought. What exactly do you want to do with DIC? The Vision Development Module 2015 contains an Object-Tracking-VI wich should be using DIC. If you want to track something this might be what you need. But notice, that the Vision Development Module is a purchasable Toolkit for LabVIEW. If you're not sure you can download and install a 7-Day-trial and see if it fits your needs.

If Object-tracking is not what you want to do, please let me know.

Regards,

Jan Göbel

Applications Engineer

NI Germany

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,684 Views)

Hi Göbel,

I have to measure inplane-displacement measurement on MEMS structure using AFM images and the deformation is in nanometer range. At a later stage i would like to integrate the system(Probe station with source meter)  for capturing the picture and for performing correlation to know the displacement in these two images  with Labview. For example I have attached two such pictures and I would like to perform correlation between these two picture.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,651 Views)

Hi Ravi,

I'm not absolutely familiar with the exact Algorithm you need, but could this be the VI you're looking for?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281W-01/imaqvision/imaq_optical_flow__lkp/

It can calculate the movement of parts in your Pictures from frame to frame.

Have you got the Vision Development Module? As is said this is a purchasable Toolkit. But if you want to try the VI you can simply download is for evaluation and got 7 Days time to try out the Function.

Regards,

Jan Göbel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,623 Views)

Here is a little demo of what you can do with the function:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maRMoQoY2lU

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,620 Views)

Hi Goebel,

I am working on Imaq correlate vi for seeing the difference between two images. I have attached  the VI here. I would like to know how to interpret the output of vision imaq correlate in the form of values in pixel arrays or to know what is the difference between two images in pixel ( shift in pixels from these two images) as I only see the output picture but I want to know the difference in numeric value between two images.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,537 Views)