LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digi PCI Serial Card

I am having troubles with a Digi Neo PCIe 4p serial card.

My labVIEW code opens a port on the card, writes to the port, and close the port.  The first time I do this on a given port it works, However, when I call this subVI a second time the command fails.  No error message is given.  In an attempt to debug, I commented out the open and close vi's and the command works every time.  This is non ideal because it doesnt allow me to set the baud rate etc.

Is there a known driver issue with these cards?

Would upgrading to a newer version of VISA fix this?  I am hesitant to do so because I have 5 machines that I want to keep identical hardware/software on.

System:

Dell Rack Mount PC

(2) Digi Neo PCIe 4 port Serial Cards

- digi driver version 8.1.22.0  (11/6/2007)

Windows XP SP3

LabVIEW Runtime 9 SP1

ATEasy RunTime v8 build 145a

NIDAQmX 9.0.2

NI 488.2 2.73

NIVISA 4.6.2

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,633 Views)

Hi Adam,

Can you attach your LabVIEW code please so I can take a look?

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,601 Views)

Not much to show here.  The RTR-2 Serial VAR.vi is just a VISA reference output (using an uninitialized shift register) for the port used.

As stated previously, the code works on first run only with the disabled blocks active.  This leads me to believe the Neo card is not accepting the Serial Open function (but not returning an error either).

broken with serial open/close.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,571 Views)

Hi Adambe,

I looked into your code and it is not apparent to me where you are setting your port number.  Can you clarify this?  Also, What happens when you run in highlight execution?  Do you see any errors?

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,551 Views)