From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties with Case Structure

Solved!
Go to solution

@RavensFan wrote:

That is Rube Goldberg Code .  Why do it that way when you can use the Sign function Altenbach shows which does it in a single node?

I also used the Sign function in my code.  It makes no sense why you would try to make it more difficult.  But Altenbach is the winner for the simlest solution (which is normal).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,147 Views)

Guys take it easy. I have thanked each one of you for ur replies. I am new to LabVIEW and I am following my mind rather than getting the job done in a simple way.

Because for starters like me following my own logic saves time. I have posted the question when I am in real need of a method to do it in my project and only a few people replied and I've understood what crossrulz said and implemented it in the way I understood it. I may use complicated methods for now but that's what I know for now to save time.With ur ideas I will learn to do things in simplest ways. so for now consider this issue to be resolved and closed.

Once again Thanks to one and all for ur replies.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,136 Views)

@harsha0209 wrote:

Guys take it easy. I have thanked each one of you for ur replies. I am new to LabVIEW and I am following my mind rather than getting the job done in a simple way.

Because for starters like me following my own logic saves time. I have posted the question when I am in real need of a method to do it in my project and only a few people replied and I've understood what crossrulz said and implemented it in the way I understood it. I may use complicated methods for now but that's what I know for now to save time.With ur ideas I will learn to do things in simplest ways. so for now consider this issue to be resolved and closed.

Once again Thanks to one and all for ur replies.

You may be miss hearing.  Generally the posters who volunteer here are also busy working.  Dont read into the replies.  Brevity can sometime sound harsher than intended.

Quite a number of us are also self-taught and "Lone Wolves"  (New users probably would not post here if they had an experienced mentor over the cube wall)

You are quite right in saying "I need to spend more time searching the functions palette aimlessly."  It is a valuable exercise Especially when you keep the contex help (Ctrl+H) on and read the detailed help on functions you are not familliar with.  Simillar to a woodcrafter looking through his tool box-Then he knows what capabilities he has to make things and what methods he can employ.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,116 Views)