LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different number of samples in continuous mode

Hi

I have quite a strange task to accomplish and can't find any solution:

I'm acquiring AI signals of a cDAQ (NI-9205) in Finite Mode to data with a fixed time stamp. Say 2000 values per second. And the data are stored in a file.

Now I want to get a few other channels of the very same module to count edge. I'd like to do it as it is described in

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B472ABA1362F44328625729C0041A8B1?OpenDocument

How can merge those two tasks? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,600 Views)

We need a bit more information: What is the rate at which the edges you are wanting to detect occurring? Do you care about the timing of the edges or just the number of edges? What is the relative amplitude of the various signal you are going to be reading?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,548 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your help.

The rate of the edges is about 2-3 kHz.That means that the minimum rate should be at least 5 kHz.

With the vi that is referenced in my question I get all edges with 5 kHz. I don't care about the timing of the edge. I just need the correct number of it. 

The amplitude of the edges is 5VDC and I'm getting the with a NI 9205 in a cDAQ chassis.

BUT the additional difficulty is that I also need to acquire "common" signals on other channels of this and other modules in the chassis. And I need to acquire those signals (mA, strain, V) in a fixed rate, say 2 kH. Because I need a correct time scale.

Yves

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,469 Views)
Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,430 Views)