From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between NI-9472 and 9481 module

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the major difference between the two modules?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,471 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,454 Views)

I do know the difference between the two concepts.

But in my application, I am automating the functionality of a rotary switch that has 4 outputs (28VDC). To do this, I can use any one of this module as essentially both of them will do the same thing.

So I wanted to know, which module should I prefer to use for my application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,437 Views)

you should read the operation manuals and instruction of the two modules, and the specification of whatever your switch-to-be-automated is connected to. What will be the current draw by that device? Can the 9472 or 9481 handle that? or can both handle it?

I would summarixe the difference between the two like this: the 9472 is designed to drive 24V logic (which can be assumed to not necessarily draw large currents), and the 9481 is relay that you use to switch on and off power to a device/light buld etc.

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,421 Views)

Both are sufficing my current drive capabilities.

Only one thing is there that I need to consider is , 'my output signal is open ended' when in not connected state.

So, whether the output from NI-9472 is open ended or grounded when the Channel is off ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,416 Views)