LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did LVMerge disable my events?

I'm having some really weird bugs recently.   I have a big program (>1000 vi's), that is continuously being evolved with new features. 

Some parts haven't changed for half a year, and suddenly some buttons stopped working.  

The code is there, but somehow the 'value changed' event simply doesn't fire.    

The solution was to edit the event,  and remove the event source.   Then afterwards, add the exact same event source...    and then it work again.    Although the code is exactly the same!

Is this at all possbile??    This is code that hasn't been touched for half a year!

I have the strong feeling that this behaviour is caused by LVMerge...  it doesn't seem to like my (rather big) main program, and has been messing up things a lot.   But so far, at least all issues were visibile.  (Missing wires, double vi;s, etc etc...)    It's getting extremely troublesome when it can create invisible bugs... 

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,532 Views)

Wow!  I was blissfully unaware of LVMerge (even though I use Subversion every day with LabVIEW, and know there are "hooks" to "automate" comparing and merging using Tortoise SVN -- I've never used nor felt comfortable with them).

I must say that I find LabVIEW code sufficiently "interesting" and potentially complex that I wouldn't, at present, trust anyone other than myself to examine two differing Versions, look at (and understand) the differences, and decide which "version" was the one to use.  It's not unusual, in a large job, particularly when I forget to Commit before going home, and then make some changes at home -- oops, two slightly-different versions, for me to say "I'll take This Feature from Source #1 and That Feature from Source #2.  My Tool of Choice for deciding what to keep and what to discard?  Why, a printout of the VIs that differ and my penned-in notations which to keep and how they differ.  I've done this successfully with 1000-VI projects.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,515 Views)